Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Couldn't Wait!

As I have many friends (or at least I like to think I do!!) from different areas of my life, I thought I would put in a reading Post.  In February of this year I found a site 144 Books_In_2010 which challenges you to read 144 books (an average of 3 books a week) for the year.  I had been keeping track of the books I had read to that point and have kept track ever since...  Are you ready??  Drum Roll Please... I am at 115 books year to date!!  Not sure if I will make it to 144 (I am on track, but I do a lot of baking in November and December)....
The top 20 books I have read this year (in no particular order are):

Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
 Precious (Push) - Sapphire
Shadow of the Wind - C Zafon

Zipporah - Wife of Moses  -M.Halter
To Kill a mockingbird- Harper Lee
Handle With Care - Jodi Picoult
Blink - Ted Dekker
the weight of silence - heather Gudenkauf
Flowers for Algernon - D.Keyes
House Rules- Jodi Picoult
The last time we met – Cathy Lamb

Slumdog Millionaire 
Rapture of Canaan – Sheri Reynolds
Garden Spells – Sarah Addison Allen
Her Fearful Symmetry – Audrey Niffenegger
13 reasons why – Jay asher

Beautiful Child – Torey Hayden
Never Let Me Go – Kazou Ishiguru
Shanghai Girls -Lisa See
The Help - K. Stockett

2 comments:

  1. What did you think of House Rules???
    As for your comment about doing a lot of baking in Oct/Nov/Dec you are always baking something spectacular Kelly.
    Hugs,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved house rules. I did find it a little frusterating at points, but overall very well done.

    ReplyDelete