Thursday, October 14, 2010

I was a Canning Maniac!


 
This past year I got into canning.  Not quite sure why, I thought I would just make a chutney.... Well, I went a little crazy!  (So unlike me I know - ha ha)  I have included some pictures and  links to recipes .  I got most of the recipes off of the Internet, but I 'tweaked' some, so I  have added comments as to how I 'tweaked' .


Rhubarb, Apple and Vanilla Jam; Rhubarb Cinnamon Jam; and Rhubarb Vanilla Jam


Green Tomato Chutney, Rhubarb Chutney, Spicy Pear and Cherry Chutney and Mango Chutney




Strawberry Rhubarb Compote; and Champagne Pear Butter

  Recipes 
Strawberry And Rhubarb Compote  Substitutions I used: Epicures Star Anise ( a few extra) and left it in the jars because it looked so nice...

Vanilla rhubarb jam Substitutions I used: Caffeine free Tea for My recipe and Epicure Vanilla Beans
 
Spicy Pear and dried Cherry Chutney  Substitutions I used: Epicure Chili Flakes, Epicure Ground Ginger and Epicure Sea Salt in Lieu of the Kosher Salt
 
Rhubarb Apple and Vanilla Jam Substitutions I used:  I doubled the Vanilla beans and used a combination of macs and Golden Delicious apples (what I had)

Rhubarb Chutney  Substitutions I used:  I too use apple cider Vinegar, but instead of •1 tsp each allspice, cinnamon, ginger, I used 2 tsp VE seasoning for Chutney and 1 tsp VE cinnamon

Rhubarb Cinnamon Jam No Substitutions!

Epicure's Mango Chutney I omitted the raisins

Epicure's Green Tomato Chutney  Substitutions I used: I used the apples not the grapes. 
Tonight I pored a jar in mt Multi-pot, warmed it up, added a little white wine to thin it out and added some shrimp tossed in dry VE Curry Dip mix and served it over pasta.  It was Fantastic!

Champagne Pear Butter - I have the recipe if anyone wants it, but I could not find the source that I got it from . I have searched through my favorite canning links, but cannot seem to find it.  I apologise to whomever out there I borrowed it from - I take no credit in it's wonderful-ness (that's a Kelly word).

No comments:

Post a Comment