Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I'm Back.....

At our monthly "crafty night', One of the girls (Louise) showed us how to cover and embellish boxes.  Well I have been on a tear since then...  I have several different partly finished boxes (I have until Christmas!), but I did just finish and mail off this one.  It is for my Girly Girl Niece, Luca.  Luca turns 5!! This October 20th and I hope she likes this Treasure box.  I also got her the cutest LilyBug-Tutus but I forgot a picture - will add it when I get it....
For the box, I bought a basic wood box with a hinged lid.  I covered the top and bottom with one patterned paper, and the sides with a different, but co-ordinating paper.  I then sanded all of the the sides down and used distress ink to create a 'distressed' look.  The pink velvet ribbon on the lid covers up the hinges perfectly and was the perfect width (took a while to find that let me tell you!)  I distressed the inside of the box and used the same patterned paper from the sides to line the top and bottom inside.  I also used a pink satin ribbon with gold trim to line the inside, bottom sides.  Finally, I used some pink glitter Ritz on the 'squiggly' on the top to help it 'pop' and then used gold stickers to spell out her name.
Here is the box...



Top View has her Name in Gold Stickers

Side View Has Velvet Ribbon on top piece that opens

 I used ribbon around the bottom inside of box

Supplies:
Heart shaped Wooden box (Michaels)

Patterned Paper:Top and Bottom were from 'Once upon a time' pack (Michaels), sides -unknown

Ink:Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Fired brick

Tools: sanding block, glue, tacky tape, glue pen

Embellishments: Inside wired Ribbon Pink and gold (Micheals), Velvet pink Ribbon - Martha Stewart (Michaels), gold letter stickers (Michaels), Glitter ritz- pink (CM), gold glitter - Martha Stewart (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, this little heart box is stunning! Luca is going to love it for all her little treasures! :)

    Glad to see you posting again! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete