Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daylight savings My A$S

I have to admit - I love to sleep.  Have never been a morning person - even as a child my dad would wake me up on Saturdays to see if I wanted to watch cartoons with him - I would opt out!  My poor father....  On the other hand I am a night person and as many of you know suffer from insomnia, which makes those mornings all the more difficult.  Previous to having a child, Daylight savings was my second favorite day of the year - rivaled only by Christmas!  It even beat out my birthday.  Unfortunately, no one told me that Daylight savings no longer exists with small children - they sleep x amount of hours no matter what the clock says. Why did no one mention this phenomenon?  I must admit it is my biggest disappointment with motherhood (admittedly my life is pretty great if that is my disappointment!).
So here I am blogging at 1AM with no sleep in sight knowing that my precious son will be up in 5 or so hours no matter what the clock says!  Not that I want to rush time (he is growing up way to fast as it is) but I do wonder if he will sleep in during his teen years?  Believe me I will not be one of those moms (like mine) whipping open his door at 10 AM telling him he is sleeping the day away, but knowing my luck (when it comes to sleep) it will be the other way around....

No comments:

Post a Comment